Mary Queen of Scots House
Mary, Queen of Scots Visitor Centre, a late 16th century tower house in the centre of historic Jedburgh, reflects the proud association of the town with 'Queen Mary,' who stayed here in 1566.
A wonderful collection of objects associated with Mary has been gathered and put on show, reflecting the cult that has grown up around her.
Each room has a different focus. The Rogues' Gallery introduces the individuals in the drama of Mary's life, whilst the Last Letter Room reveals Mary's final thoughts.
The period feel inside the house has been preserved, while thoughtful design lets the story of Mary's life unfold in a lively way.
The building was bought in 1927 by the town of Jedburgh as it had always been linked with Mary's stay here on an official tour in October, 1566 when she became seriously ill after riding to Hermitage Castle to visit Bothwell, her supposed lover.